June marks the half year point. Are you manifesting your goals as you envisioned in January? Are all of your goals on target? Have you accessed your progress? Or have you simply given up and abandoned some of your goals? Allow me to assist you in learning how to increase the quality of your successes.
The first step to increase the quality of your goal achievement is to increase the quality of your inner life, so that your outer expression can be more harmonious and reflect the soul print that you bear as a gift you can give yourself and the world.
To increase the quality of your inner life, begin each day with an appreciation for all the good in your life and your accomplishments – no matter how small. Write an appreciation diary, listing the top five things you appreciate the most in your life and keep adding to the list each day.
Include those things that brought you the most growth, the most awareness (the Ah ha moments), the most development, the most joy and the things that gave you the opportunity to create the growth, etc.
“The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to do it and the faith to believe that it is possible.” -Richard M. DeVos
“A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.” -Mahatma Gandhi
What are your thoughts about your goals? Do you have a plan to achieve your goals? Consider the following easy to use plan to achieve goals.
• Set action steps
• Set a ‘By When’ date for each incremental task and for goal achievement
• Manage your ‘To do’ list diligently for today, tomorrow, next 5 days, etc.
• Review action steps daily or weekly for compliance and completeness
• Measure and log parameters to monitor progress
• Record your progress and experience in a daily or weekly log
• Set reminders to encourage yourself to continue your efforts to the end
• Share your goals with people who will encourage, support and give non-judgmental feedback
• Keep a diary of what you learned and experienced – this information will serve as a role model for on-going and future endeavors
I wish you well on your journey.